Need information about City recycling service? This is the most comprehensive page about Sterling's recycling program. Click on the links below for more details about our services or call RecycleBank at 866-563-0114.
The recycling cart will be green and have a gray lid. The lid will list items that are recyclable (and non-recyclable).
All carts must be set out curbside or alley, if accessible, by 6:00 a.m. on your regularly scheduled pickup day.
ACCEPTABLE RECYCLABLE ITEMS
- Plastics #1-5 & 7
- Glass Bottles and Jars (clear, brown, green): NO window glass, dinnerware or ceramics.
- Newspaper, including inserts (remove plastic sleeves)
- Cardboard (no waxed cardboard)
- Kraft (brown paper) Bags
- Magazines, Catalogs and Telephone Books
- Office, Computer, Notebook & Gift Wrap Paper (no metal clips, spirals, binders)
- Chipboard (cereal, cake & food mix boxes, gift boxes, etc.)
- Carrier Stock (soda & beer can carrying cases)
- Junk Mail & Envelopes (no plastic cards, or hard cover books)
1. Recycling pickup day is the same day as trash pickup.
2. All containers to be emptied and rinsed clean.
3. The following items are NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR RECYCLING:
- Motor Oil, Antifreeze, Insecticide, Herbicide or Hazardous Chemical containers
- Plastic Bags
- Plastic Film (no plastic sheets, tarps or wrap)
- Styrofoam or Clear Polystyrene
- Food Waste or items tainted with food
- Waxed Cardboard
- Plastic Cups & Silverware.
RECYCLING REWARDS PROGRAM
Allied Waste and the City of Sterling are pleased to offer you RecycleBank. Allied Waste will deliver a green cart with a gray lid to be used for single sort recycling all recyclables go into one cart. Carts are equipped with a smart tag that records your participation and you will earn RecycleBank Points for your recycling activity. View and redeem your points at RecycleBank.com for valuable rewards at hundreds of local and national businesses. Once your cart is delivered, register at RecycleBank.com or call 888-727-2978.
Per State law, landfills will no longer accept electronic items - televisions, computers, computer monitors, laptops, and more. To find a recycling center for your electronics, please visit earth911 or IEPA. Self Help Enterprises in Sterling accepts electronic recycling.
|New Year's Day|