Wednesday's Music Under the Stars 7:30pm Grandon Civic Center
|June 1st||July 6th|
|June 8th||July 13th|
|June 15th||July 20th|
|June 22nd||July 27th|
|June 29th||August 3rd||
June 15th - Guest Conductor Dr. Peter Boonshaft
June 22nd - Pre Concert entertainment Forever Plaid
June 29th - Patriotic Concert - Pre Concert entertainment Senior Center Line Dancers
July 13th - Trombone Soloist Mark Dempsey
July 20th - Euphonium Soloist Bryan Anton
July 27th - Guest Conductor Barb Lauff
August 3rd - Guest Conductor Dr. Paula Crider
Jazz Band Schedule
|June 18th||Rock River Jazz Band|
|July 2nd||BBBB and RRJB|
|July 16th||Big Band Dance|
|July 30th||Rock River Jazz Band
Sterling Municipal Band Commission
Sterling Municipal Band Administrative Staff
Municipal Band Mission Statement
The Sterling Municipal Band’s mission is deeply rooted in the concept of “community” and in encouraging involvement in music for people at all stages of life. The SMB’s mission is to be a leader in performance and music education, while reaffirming the heritage of bands in America.
This mission incorporates five objectives:
- to make a substantial contribution to musical life locally and nationally.
- to give our audiences memorable performance experiences with the highest quality wind music in a wide range of musical styles.
- to foster and promote wind music and the adult band concept through concerts, conferences, tours, recordings, publication and commissions.
- to assist in the music education of young people – the future generation of adult musicians – through the presentation of concerts and exposure to guest artists and guest conductors.
- to provide our members with an opportunity for musical expression, growth, and fellowship